Thursday, October 19, 2006

ARGH BLARGLE DAMN IT

Tonight, tomorrow night and Saturday night constitute a three-day festival as part of the Western Canadian Music Awards. Several multibills of excellent Canadian music will be playing across eleven of the city's best venues, and $20 buys you a three-day wristband to pop back and forth as you please.

I only found out about this whole thing today, at 3:30 PM, when I rolled out of bed and read about it in the Free Press. And I'll be missing everything -- including performances by the New Meanies and Moses Mayes, two of my absolute favourite bands -- because I am a moron who works night shifts and only now finds out about these things.

Curses, I say. Curses! Foiled again.



Ah, well. Next time! Next time I will totally be abreast of such things.

No comments: