Monday, February 26, 2007

That Echo Chorus Lied to Me

I went to the Mardi Gras thing at the Convention Centre on Friday. It was grand fun, and I intend to do a writeup within the next couple of days.

The night ended quite poorly for me, however, for reasons that I'll elaborate on in said upcoming writeup. The rest of the weekend didn't go all too well, either. And today, Monday, was little better than an ongoing cavalcade of disappointment. (Although it's nice to know I'm never so hard done by that I can't spell 'cavalcade' properly off the top of my head. It's the little victories you have to celebrate, sometimes.)

Have you ever had one of those days, right from the moment you wake up, when you just can't shake the idea that nothing in your life is as you'd have wanted it? Then you spend the rest of the day trying to prove this wrong somehow, and you still come up with nothing by the time you're going to bed? I assure you -- these are not among the best days a person can have.

Still, though! I can't say it isn't progress; 2006 was a terrible year for me, absolutely dreadful, all things considered, so by comparison 2007 has been okay to this point. My lone New Year's Resolution on January 1st, so far as I ever make any -- at some point I started making resolutions in September, because my life cycled in school years anyway -- involved doing my best to avoid 2007 flatlining on me like 2006 did.

I'm not dead yet! Everything else beyond that is always sort of up in the air, but I'm not dead yet! And because music of all sorts is probably the primary reason that I'm not dead yet, here are some suitable survival selections (I am given to brief bouts of alliteration):

Matthew Sweet - Happiness [buy]
The Watchmen - Crazy Days [buy]
HARD-Fi - Help Me Please [buy]
Neko Case - Hold On, Hold On [buy]

Things will get better sometime! I assume!

No comments: