Monday, May 28, 2007

It's an Okay Song, But Geez

Today marked the second time in a row that I entered a Shoppers Drug Mart to hear the Bangles' "Hazy Shade of Winter" playing as the sound system background music.

I really didn't know what to make of that, except to say that A) Shoppers Drug Mart needs a wider selection of intercom music and B) if it happens a third time in a row I am declaring shenanigans.

With the provincial election over, I think I'll swing back towards some music bloggery for the next little while; the next post or two should contain some suitable listening material for the upcoming summer, unless something particularly outstanding distracts me first.



And now that I think about it -- why "Hazy Shade of Winter"? Seriously, what, would "Walk Like an Egyptian" have cost too much? Did they want a Paul Simon song to hook the soccer-mom demographic, but balked at the idea of actually giving Paul Simon any money? I wonder about these decisions, sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, on the subject of "ok songs", you really can't get any better than the new, popular version of My Humps, except...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gW6yQZyx5w

I am guessing that html code for 'a link' is just that, minus the 'link' and plus some >.>, <.<, and >.<'s.