Thursday, July 03, 2008

Oh, To Be Colourblind

I happened to be passing through the Exchange District today, and I had to take a picture of this building just so people would believe me when I told them about it.



The contrast between the natural green of the tree and the... whatever that is of the building is a striking one, to put it succinctly.

We as a city, we... we really have no idea how to look after old buildings, do we? Some we knock down for empty and/or parking space, some we give to businessmen who sit and wait for them to cave in, and some we paint neon lime like a hideous Photoshop mishap come to life because we just can't have nice things.

It's completely empty, by the way! It's very curious that prime storefront business space should be sitting abandoned in the cheerfully healthy Exchange District real-estate market; I can't imagine what might be keeping potential tenants away. Must be something I'm missing!

1 comment:

Keith Bailey said...

Well I'm watching the Bomber game right now and guess what I hear blaring in Molson Stadium during a Bomber injury time out.

Les Dales Hawerchuk - (Je S'uis) Dale Hawerchuk

And I have you to thank for knowing that.