Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Things Could Be Going Better

Owing to a sudden familial medical crisis, my mother and sister flew down to Georgia this past Sunday; the onus has been left on me to remain at home and spend my every waking and sleeping hour making sure that the entirety of the house is not demolished by the unchecked brute force and gnashing of teeth that is a five-month-old golden retriever. It's like I'm housesitting for myself, but without any of the perks that such a job normally affords.

So my apologies for having no new and exciting content to report around here; as you can imagine, I'm not getting a lot done right now. As late I'm hardly in a positive mood -- especially given the, you know, sudden familial medical crisis.

My mother and sister are scheduled to fly back this coming Monday, which obviously presents something of a problem for my schemes of driving down to Winkler to poke around the upcoming Hockey Day in Canada shenanigans and goings-on. How often do we here in Winnipeg get to chance to say that we're thinking of driving out to Winkler for a big nationally televised sports-themed mini-festival? But, no -- I'll be here in town and most likely doing the same thing I've done every day this week, which is to say virtually nothing except activities related to keeping an adorable but high-maintenance puppy alive and entertained. (We have another dog and a cat, while we're at it -- but they look after themselves pretty well, most of the time.)

Here, then, is the crux of my post; everything written above is all preamble and reference points for the following request. If anyone reading this will be heading to Winkler this week, could you pick me up one of the souvenir travel mugs? I'll pay you back for it! I figure it'd be a cute thing to have, and if anybody ever asks me about the mug I will be able to tell them a story around it that has absolutely nothing to do with the advertised event.



The dog is trying to dig through my mattress. Man alive, this has been a long week so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My condolences to you and your family. I hope the crisis is resolved well.

Michael said...

My condolences to you and your mattress. I hope the crisis is resolved well.