Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Precocious Puppy Prevents Proper Post Planning; Parade Pending

I am given to brief bouts of alliteration.

We named the puppy Cadence, or 'Cady'; I wasn't the one to originally suggest the name, so she's not actually named after Edmonton rapper Cadence Weapon. That was entirely coincidence.

Anyway! Cadence, being a golden retriever puppy and being maybe thirteen weeks old, is as much a handful to keep out of trouble as you would expect. I had a post plotted out in my head about the crazy weather that we'd had the last couple of days, but I've hardly been able to prepare the accompanying pictures; I have to keep myself mentally tethered to the puppy at all times right now, because a good sized puppy can destroy anything you own within seconds and then will probably have to go out to pee again right afterwards. It's like dealing with a furry, adorable combination of a water balloon and a hand grenade.

I've other work to do and a column or two to write in the immediate future -- and even now, I'm writing this message quickly and furtively on a commandeered laptop -- so the next couple blog posts may be a bit delayed. My early apologies.

However! This coming Saturday is the Santa Claus Parade (!), and since I covered the event last year I figure I'll probably have just as much fun doing it again this year. Maybe I can rope somebody into actually coming with me this time! Or at least this year I'll be more considerate of the Honey Nut Cheerios bee!

In looking at that piece again, I think my writing's actually grown a little more polished over the past year. Good. I quite obviously needed it. Soon enough I'll be writing with unflappable refinement and culture, a model of class and distincti--

OH CRAP SHE'S WAKING UP

COME ON GIRL DOOR'S THIS WAY

COME ON GIRL COME ON COME ON

DON'T EAT THAT THE DOOR IS THIS WAY

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may have to take the Dave Barry route and write periodic posts and/or blogs about your puppy.

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?