Friday, August 03, 2007

The Funny Papers Should, as a Rule, Be Funny

What's fourty-seven years old and never stops sucking? (For the sake of argument, I'm going to pass on the obvious Yo' Mama joke.) That's right -- it's The Family Circus!



OH

OH

MY SIDES

DEAR FRIENDS I DO BELIEVE I HAVE BUSTED A PROVERBIAL GUT FROM CARRYING THIS BELLY FULL O' LAUGHS

THE KNEE-SLAPPER THIS PARTICULAR DAY IS SO WITTY BECAUSE OF HOW TRUE IT IS



How do you get away with this? Seriously, how? Where is the entertainment value in this?

Who honestly wakes up in the morning and goes "Oh, boy, sure can't wait to read me some Family Circus"?



God, I miss Gary Larson.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As absolutely horrid as the newspaper comics, nothing quite comes as close as this strip which is so unfunny, it legitimately makes me angry.

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20030616

Anonymous said...

Lucky Eddie -- meet Dirty Dick! And his dog, Dirty Dog!

James Hope Howard said...

AARGH NO SHUT UP

James Hope Howard said...

For those of you who were otherwise blissfully unaware: Hagar the Horrible is fucking awful.

Oh my god I am getting angry just remembering th--WHAT IS EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE THE JOKE IN THAT

I MEAN GOD DAMN